Known globally for its high-precision filling and closing machines, the Germany based groninger company is a world leader in highly sophisticated, innovative and customized solutions for manufacturers of pharmaceuticals and cosmetics. groninger USA, located in Charlotte, NC, is the regional headquarter for our American and Canadian customer base. We offer an unparalleled work environment and outstanding career opportunities for manufacturing, sales, machine assembly, engineering, procurement and after sales support incl. field service. groninger USA LLC offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 20 days of paid time off.
Duties and Tasks
- Ensure that goods are shipped in the most timely and efficient manner according to ERP System and document processed, including planning the transportation route and expenses
- Prepare and plan items to shipping, for stock or future shipments through ERP System transactions. Including posting all delivery notes to maintain accurate inventory quantities and finalizing customer invoicing.
- Organize and keep copies of shipment documentation of sales orders in ERP System by taking picture images of items being shipped. This requires scanning shipment documentation, attaching picture files to the correlating sales orders and uploading to easy archive.
- Offer assistance pertaining to government regulations or items being held up or inspected by US Customs/Border Control.
- Prepare small partial domestic/international shipments using ups/FedEx web-sites and utilize various transportation provider software systems (Scheduling express pick-ups when needed) including completion of all necessary paperwork for US customs regulations.
- Ship Crates/pallets using LTL (sometimes TL) carriers, complete detailed BOL forms and prepare proper secure shipments.
- Verify sales order status and / or issues with sales team or manufacturing regarding shipping or delivery dates.
- Order any shipping supplies when necessary via UPS, FedEx, or Purchasing Dept.
- Ensure that items are received in correct quantities and process good receipt purchase order transactions in ERP System, including correlating to the customer sales order and or stock.
- Receiving items from vendors via currier services (FedEx/UPS mostly) or LTL carriers on a daily basis.
- Verify delivery quantities and confirm that item descriptions agree with shipment documentation.
- Separate and organize items to be shipped for individual sales orders or for stock. Including sometimes placing items in staging for upcoming shipments.
- Organize and maintain copies of receipt documentation of purchase orders in Penta. This requires scanning receipt documentation and uploading to ERP System easy archive.(hard copies for sales folders also)
- Sometimes further research is needed from technicians or Germany to clarify items pertaining to delivery receipts.
- 5+ years of shipping and receiving experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others as well as independently
- Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project)
- Flexible with work hours
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org