Known globally for its high-precision filling and closing machines, the Germany based groninger company is a world leader in highly sophisticated, innovative and customized solutions for manufacturers of pharmaceuticals and cosmetics. groninger USA, located in Charlotte, NC (photo) is the regional headquarter for our American and Canadian customer base. We offer an unparalleled work environment and outstanding career opportunities for manufacturing, sales, machine assembly, engineering, procurement and after sales support incl. field service. groninger USA LLC offers a competitive salary and outstanding benefits. Come see for yourself!
Reporting to the Operations Manager
- Point of contact for manufacturing and assembly supply purchases with outside suppliers.
- Evaluate bids and purchase commercial parts and services at the most favorable price consistent with quality, quantity and specification requirements.
- Process order acknowledgements, maintain due dates, update purchase order pricing and communicate changes on a daily basis; expediting orders when necessary.
- Daily follow up with suppliers to gain delivery commitments on open purchase orders.
- Monitor and analyze vendor performance to ensure an on time supply chain.
- Analyze, verify and establish safety stocks of purchased inventory, support demand planning, and provide backup coverage for other purchasing functions.
- Reconcile supplier invoicing; investigate and resolve issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 - 5 years of commercial parts purchasing experience, preferably in the packaging machinery industry.
- Technical ability to follow and understand European specification to crossover DIN (Deutsche Industrial Norms) to American standards.
- Negotiating, planning, written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Must possess the ability to organize and prioritize tasks, work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment, and ensure timely completion of responsibilities.
- Well organized, multiple tasking ability, detail-oriented and thorough.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Have a knowledge of sourcing and inventory management.
- Proficiency in MES/PLM systems (PSI Penta/Agile preferred)
- Proficiency in MS-Office applications, with an emphasis on MS Excel.
- A BS degree or technical discipline is preferred.
- German language skills preferred
Type of Employment:
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No Phone Calls Please!